Tuesday 5 July 2011

Chapter 3 - In which I receive acrylic, and buy more bits.

Two things have happened today; firstly I have received the long awaited build bed parts (ordered at the same time as the steppers and reprapped parts), and secondly I've bought some more parts.

The bed consists of 2 parts of 5mm thick clear acrylic. I was initially disappointed at the size of the build area, until I realised that I was remembering the instructions incorrectly, and that the larger part goes on top. D'oh! A bed of 225mm square seems pretty big for a machine of this size. Here are the parts on the bench:


I have gotten my parts list to a stage now where I'm happy that I have accounted for (and found a source for) the vast majority of the parts needed for the initial configuration.

Parts purchased today include the M8 nuts and washers needed to put the frame together, the 608 bearings for the axis drives, and parts for my prospective hot end - more on this in a later post.

No comments:

Post a Comment